After the Draft Combine and last night’s Draft Lottery, here is King James Gospel’s updated 2013 mock draft.
With great draws in the Draft Lottery, the Cavaliers and Wizards were definite winners, as they’ll get much better chances to select the best players in the draft. The Cavaliers can draft a defensive game-changer in Nerlens Noel, who will help make up for Kyrie Irving’s defensive deficiencies. They have a good young core and a tremendous financial position going forward that should help them get out their post-LeBron rebuilding phase soon. The Wizards can bolster their team, which might have made the playoffs last season if not for John Wall’s early-season injury, by drafting hometown star Otto Porter.
Despite dropping to the fourth pick after having the second-highest chance of winning, the Charlotte Bobcats could be better served with this selection in the draft. I’ve thought for a little while that Anthony Bennett could fit best with the Bobcats, but also felt drafting him second would be a reach for the team. Another possible benefit (but also negative) is that they’ll likely have a good chance again next season for a high draft pick in a more talented draft class.
One thing to watch from now until draft day will be what front offices are saying about European players. After only one European player was picked in the first round of last year’s draft (Evan Fournier, Denver), many more foreigners are appearing on draft boards, with Schroeder, Gobert, and Saric all being considered as possible lottery picks.
1. Cleveland Cavaliers- Nerlens Noel, C, Kentucky
2. Orlando Magic- Ben McLemore, SG, Kansas
3. Washington Wizards- Otto Porter, SF, Georgetown
4. Charlotte Bobcats- Anthony Bennett, PF, UNLV
5. Phoenix Suns- Victor Oladipo, SG, Indiana
6. New Orleans Pelicans- Trey Burke, PG, Michigan
7. Sacramento Kings- Shabazz Muhammad, SF, UCLA
8. Detroit Pistons- Michael Carter-Williams, PG, Syracuse
9. Minnesota Timberwolves- C.J. McCollum, G, Lehigh
10. Portland Trail Blazers- Alex Len, C, Maryland
11. Philadelphia 76ers- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, SG, Georgia
12. Oklahoma City Thunder (from Toronto Raptors)- Cody Zeller, C, Indiana
13. Dallas Mavericks- Kelly Olynyk, C, Gonzaga
14. Utah Jazz- Dennis Schroeder, PG, Braunschweig (Germany)
15. Milwaukee Bucks- Dario Saric, SF, Cibona Zagreb (Croatia)
16. Boston Celtics- Rudy Gobert, C, Cholet (France)
17. Atlanta Hawks- Jamaal Franklin, SG, San Diego St.
18. Atlanta Hawks (from Houston Rockets)- Mason Plumlee, C, Duke
19. Cleveland Cavaliers (from Los Angeles Lakers)- Sergey Karasev, SF, Triumph Moscow (Russia)
20. Chicago Bulls- Steven Adams, C, Pittsburgh
21. Utah Jazz (from Golden State Warriors)- Giannis Antetokoumpo, SF, Filathlitikos (Greece)
22. Brooklyn Nets- Allen Crabbe, SG, California
23. Indiana Pacers- Tony Mitchell, PF, North Texas
24. New York Knicks- Shane Larkin, PG, Miami (FL)
25. Los Angeles Clippers- Gorgui Dieng, C, Louisville
26. Minnesota Timberwolves (from Memphis Grizzlies)- Jeff Withey, C, Kansas
27. Denver Nuggets- Glen Rice, Jr, SF, Rio Grande Valley (D-League)
28. San Antonio Spurs- C.J. Leslie, F, North Carolina St.
29. Oklahoma City Thunder- Archie Goodwin, SG, Kentucky
30. Phoenix Suns (from Miami Heat)- Reggie Bullock, SF, North Carolina
Stay with King James Gospel for continued draft coverage until June 27th
Don’t forget to “LIKE” King James Gospel on Facebook for the latest news, columns and updates on all things NBA.
Tags: Atlanta Hawks Boston Celtics Brooklyn Nets Charlotte Bobcats Chicago Bulls Cleveland Cavaliers Dallas Mavericks Denver Nuggets Detroit Pistons Featured Golden State Warriors Houston Rockets Indiana Pacers Los Angeles Clippers Los Angeles Lakers Memphis Grizzlies Miami Heat Milwaukee Bucks Minnesota Timberwolves NBA Draft 2013 New Orleans Hornets New Orleans Pelicans New York Knicks Oklahoma City Thunder Orlando Magic Philadelphia 76ers Phoenix Suns Popular Portland Trail Blazers Sacramento Kings San Antonio Spurs Toronto Raptors Utah Jazz Washington Wizards